JOHN MEANEY

2.6.23

FOR WRITERS: CRAFT & BUSINESS

I'm not going to start offering writing/publishing advice in any kind of depth, unless I go through a major change of heart at some point.

But I'm more than happy to share resources.

The indie publishing world can be confusing, and my contemporaries among traditionally published writers are likely to offer advice based on the 1990s model, which was entirely correct at the time and no longer applies at all.

So if you're in need of good information, I'm going to recommend 2 must-follow blogs:

Dean Wesley Smith at https://deanwesleysmith.com

Kristine Kathryn Rusch at https://kriswrites.com

Kris writes a weekly post regarding the business (sometimes a "process" piece describing her own process, other times a deep look at some highly relevant aspect of publishing), along with some other posts (including a free short story every Monday).

Dean posts every day (!) and has done for years, so some posts are fillers; but whenever he goes into depth regarding craft or business, it's worth reading.

Tell 'em I sent you!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home