JOHN MEANEY

17.7.09

MUY SYMPATICO

Meaning this review of Bone Song from the perspicacious John Markley, who among other things writes insightful critiques of SF books. One of the places they appear is his own blog, which has the wonderful title of Vast and Cool and Unsympathetic.

Meanwhile, this small dark picture is of the Oberbaumbrücke at night. It's a famous Berlin bridge between the old East and West, and if you look with a magnifying glass you'll see me doing my private re-enactment of a Cold War spy swap.

By the way, I don't want to confess that Al Reynolds' is bigger than mine, but honestly, did you see the news about his publishing deal? He's a cool dude and his books are great, so good on him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Kersten said...

Completely agree with Markley's review of Bone Song. Perhaps the most original treatment of fantasy I've read to date. Black Blood is even better -- and I'm hoping against hope that Donal will somehow be resurrected once again in a third novel. Unfortunately, my wife has developed a complaint against you, Mr. Meaney, for causing me to divide my attention between your novel and our wedding anniversary dinner.

August 9, 2009 at 3:43 AM  
Blogger John Meaney said...

Thanks, Glenn! And you could pass this on to your beloved wife:

Please accept my unreserved apologies for my distracting book. I'm sure you need no assistance in educating Glenn about priorities in his life.

(Obviously I'm not smirking as I write this. Thanks again!)

August 10, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home