JOHN MEANEY

2.1.11

CUT AND THRUST

We saw in the New Year with what was intended to be a quiet celebration, with a couple of friends (Chris & Penny) and family. Being a highly coordinated, highly trained athlete with 100% awareness at all times... I managed to plunge a pointed kitchen knife into the back of my left hand.

Not so quiet, my reaction!

Luckily I missed the tendons, so it's a just a little stab wound that'll be healed in a week. I asked my brother whether there's a krav maga defence against a knife attack by yourself on yourself, but apparently that's one they never thought to put into the system...

It happened well before midnight, so I view it as an interesting end to 2010, with 2011 bound to be a fine year. Hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home