JOHN MEANEY

4.8.09

ANOTHER ONE!

Just finished the first draft of a new near-future thriller called EDGE. This is only a short while after handing in the second draft of ABSORPTION -- for which I've just had my first bit of feedback, being that it's the best book I've written. Thanks, James! Absorption is hard sf space opera, which is possibly where I belong.

On a homely note, we had visitors at the weekend: our old pals Mark and Rita Williamson -- Mark writes about space and satellites and stuff -- he's a space tech consultant and writer. Good to see Matthew and Tom, too.

I decided to get rid of my hippy hair style and goateefy the beard into what I fondly believe is a Tony Stark look (as endorsed by Matthew). This accounts for my recent habit of looking hard at people and saying: "The truth is... I am Iron Man."

3 Comments:

Blogger James said...

John

Maybe I just like hard sf space opera more :-)

But it is a great book and it deserves to get you out there in the same space as Alistair Reynolds et. al.

And I'm just pleased to get the opportunity to read it so early, I'll make sure you sign the one I buy though....

August 10, 2009 at 11:55 PM  
Anonymous Mark Williamson said...

Hey, John.
Great to see you again. I'm pleased and honoured to be one of the first to read Absorption in draft...and will pass comments on soon. Keep up the good work!
Best,
Mark (truth is I'm NOT Iron Man)Williamson

August 13, 2009 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger John Meaney said...

Blimey... Thanks, guys!

August 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home