JOHN MEANEY

16.9.09

IT'S A MAN IN A DRESS

No, it's transvestite comedian Eddie Izzard, who has run 43 marathons in 52 days and says he might run for office as an MP or MEP in the future!

This is the man who assumes you get all the references when he tells his Pavlov's Cats story. When he does his "plume de ma tante" sketch about language teaching, there is (I sorta remember) a hidden joke that works if you happen to know that "poule" has two meanings, one of which is "prostitute". Please don't ask how I know that...

In the absence of a Schroedinger's Dog sketch, Eddie Izzard in parliament would be just about perfect. What would he wear?

And if it helps you run 1100 miles in 7 weeks, I'm swapping my Nikes for stilletos. Er... No, second thoughts, I'm not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home